Forums

Forum Home > Current Discussions > 2016/17 Iraqi Premier League

golarisman

Round 7 of the league starts on Monday 31 October. 2012/13 and 2013/14 champions Al-Shorta face Al-Karkh, while Al-Zawraa plays Amanat Baghdad who have won all their matches so far and Naft Al-Wasat play against Al-Kahrabaa.

What are your predictions for the league this season? As a Shortawi I'm not too optimistic about Shorta's chances this season. Unfortunately I think Jawiya might pick up their first league title for 12 long years. Those 12 years must have been painful for any Jawiya fans that followed the team closely, following each and every result for so long without success but now they might be rewarded for their patience.

My prediction for the top 4 this season:

1. Jawiya

2. Naft Wasat

3. Zawraa

4. Talaba

I think Shorta, Amanat Baghdad and Minaa will follow in no particular order.

October 29, 2016 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao

Awful refereeing in the Misan shorta game. We need to sort out the referees in this league and the clear bias against some teams such as Shorta. It must be investigated for the integrity of our league.

--

Radhi out

October 30, 2016 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

I agree that the refereeing is awful at times. They thought the ball went off the pitch so they disallowed the goal but this picture clearly shows it didn't even touch the line let alone go completely off the pitch! Awful

October 30, 2016 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hani

Who are the 3rd biggest club in Iraq? (Of course Zawraa and Jawiya being 1st and 2nd).

November 4, 2016 at 1:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hani

My top 4 is

1. Al Quwa Al Jaiwya

2. Amanat Baghdad

3. Naft Al Wasat

4. Al Zawraa

I expect Al Shorta to be mid-table.

November 4, 2016 at 1:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao

I have heard that talaba are quitting the league. I believe some Iraqi league fans previously abandoned the league due to issues with the league being trash (even though the only issue was an fa cup that was brought back after many years and unfortunately was not able to be completed on the first attempt to reorganise it) . I guess with this revelation we will lose more fans from the league again. And if those abandoners have returned they will surely leave again.

--

Radhi out

November 6, 2016 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

It's a shame that things like this happen in our league. This will only push the less dedicated fans away from our league. Seeing our league so disorganised and unprofessional will see the casual/undedicated fans stop following our league especially with the lack of broadcasted games this season which is a shame because we want our league to grow.

November 6, 2016 at 11:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao

Hani at November 4, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Who are the 3rd biggest club in Iraq? (Of course Zawraa and Jawiya being 1st and 2nd).

Probably zawraa with their leagues or jawiya now with their afc cup. First obviously being Al shorta and second Al rasheed.
--

Radhi out

November 6, 2016 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.