Forums

Forum Home > Current Discussions > Do you think Mohanad can replace Younis?

golarisman

Unfortunately, the best striker in Iraq and one of the best players in Asia's history Younis Mahmoud retired from international football a couple of months ago. So Mohanad has become our main striker and he scored 4 goals against Thailand, he was the league top scorer last season with Zawraa and he has already scored on his debut for Al-Nasr in the UAE League. He is on amazing form right now but we all know how wasteful he can be. He was awful at the Olympics and missed so many chances. Do you think he will be able to replace Younis effectively?

In my opinion we will not be able to properly replace Younis for many many years because he was truly amazing. I think we should try playing with two strikers. We didn't do it before because Younis on his own was so good in the air that we could just play long balls to him and he would do the rest and also bring our wingers into the game. Now we don't have Younis so we need to try something new. Maybe we could keep Mohanad on his own up front but play someone like Justin behind him as a sort of support striker. Justin was one of the best players in MLS last season so we need to take advantage of him properly. Overall I think we have a good team but we still need a few more players in certain positions and need to find our best formation.

October 29, 2016 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao

No he will not replace Younis. What a ridiculous question. 

--

Radhi out

October 30, 2016 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

hashao at October 30, 2016 at 2:11 PM

No he will not replace Younis. What a ridiculous question. 

Like I said I don't think we will replace Younis for many many years. But do you think Mohanad can still do a good job? Personally I don't think Mohanad is actually that good but he is just on really good form at the moment. I prefer Marwan Hussein from Shorta but he is on worse form so I think Mohanad is the right choice for us at the moment. He scored 4 goals in one game which is very impressive. Younis had already done it twice when he was at Mohanad's age though and Younis's weren't all tap ins like Mohanad.

Younis is simply the best striker I've seen in an Iraq shirt and best I will probably ever see. You should all watch this video showing his goals for Iraq: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAkh8YsvyAI

October 30, 2016 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hani

I highly doubt there will be a player who can replace Younes in the whole of Asia. Let alone Mohanad

November 4, 2016 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao
Golarisman, no I do not think he can do a good job. I think he is in the wrong career
--

Radhi out

November 6, 2016 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.