Forums

Forum Home > Current Discussions > Who are the Best Iraqi Players of Recent Times

Hani

Who are the top 10 players of Iraqi Footballs recent times? How many players are from the golden generation? For me the greatest players of recent times are Younis Mahmoud, Razzaq Farhan, Nashat Akram, Emad Mohammed, Hawar Mulla Mohammed, Ali Adnan, Bassim Abbas Kati, Noor Sabri, Jassim Muhammed Ghulam, Yaser Kasim. Post your thoughts.

November 12, 2016 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao
1. Younis 04-15 2. Nashat 07 3. Hawar 07 4. Noor 5. Razzaq 6. Emad before ac Milan rumours 7. Qusay 8. Alaa Abdul Zahra before he became awful 9. Ali adnan 10. Dhirgham
--

Radhi out

November 12, 2016 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman
For me, number 1 player is definitely Younis Mahmoud. After him it has to be the Maestro, Nashat Akram who also won my team Al-Shorta the league title twice. Then it has to be Hawar who scored in the Champions league which is a great achievement. Ali adnan being the first player to play in the top 5 leagues was a big breakthrough too, and Noor Sabri was and still is an exceptional goalkeeper especially in penalty shootouts. Razzaq was also one of my favourites after what he did in the 2005 West Asian Games. It's hard to rank them all in order but I think Younis, Nashat, Hawar, Noor and Emad are the top 5
November 12, 2016 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman
Bassim and Jassim were rock solid in 2007 but they declined really quickly after that and became pretty bad afterwards so it's hard to put them as near to the top as the others. Salam Shakir and Ali Rehema deserve to be near the top though, both great defenders and both long serving. Qusay Munir and Karrar Jassim were also great but again they declined quickly.
November 12, 2016 at 3:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao
So what's your top TEN? As the op asked for...
--

Radhi out

November 12, 2016 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

hashao at November 12, 2016 at 4:16 PM

So what's your top TEN? As the op asked for...

As I said, it's hard to rank them all after the top 5 so I listed them in no particular order. I would advise you to read more carefully next time.

November 12, 2016 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao
If you cannot rank them then don't post.
--

Radhi out

November 12, 2016 at 4:30 PM Flagged Quote & Reply

iraqifella
Site Owner

I think Ali Rehema should be placed a lot higher in a list of Iraq's greatest players, he made 113 appearances, only Nashat and Younis made more in this generation and he played a part in almost every one of our achievements.

Also Mehdi Karim should be in the top 10 in my opinion, he played in the national side for 13 years and was always reliable.

March 28, 2017 at 5:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.