Forums

Forum Home > Current Discussions > Greatest Iraqi premier league moment?

hashao
Mine has to be Al Shorta winning the title from jawiya in the last second in 1998 while jawiya were already celebrating thinking they had won the title. The look on the managers face when he found out mid way through his interview was incredibly hilarious. What are your top moments?
--

Radhi out

November 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hani
One game I will always remember was when in 2012-13 after Al Shorta beat Jawiya 4-1, they couldn't stop boasting and bragging about it. So when we next faced, Jawiya thumped Al Shorta 4-0, out doing them and making Baghdad Blue As Always. (We are Baghdad's oldest team)
November 12, 2016 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao
True that was a crushing win Hani but Al shorta still won the title in that season. That's probably my second top moment as they were a mid table team before that year. Fairytale title win for Al Shorta
--

Radhi out

November 12, 2016 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

I think the incredible end to the 1998 title race will never be beaten. 3 teams were all in the running on the last day and the title was won in the last second without the other team knowing until the manager found out during a live interview. This is the video showing that amazing day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNZragCjNBM

November 12, 2016 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.