Forums

Forum Home > Current Discussions > The All-Elusive Anchor Man

iraqifella
Site Owner

http://www.iraqi-football.com/the-all-elusive-anchor-man

Who do you guys think can fill Iraq's void in midfield and give us some extra stability that we badly need in defence?

February 27, 2017 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WessamAllami

Yaser Kasim. He obviously has undoubted potential after being offered a professional contract at Tottenham and he plays a big role at Swindon Town. Not only that, but he has carried my football manager save with Swindon Town. I think he needs more game time in the Iraq national team which Radhi doesn't seem to want to give.

February 28, 2017 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

WessamAllami at February 28, 2017 at 6:11 PM

Yaser Kasim. He obviously has undoubted potential after being offered a professional contract at Tottenham and he plays a big role at Swindon Town. Not only that, but he has carried my football manager save with Swindon Town. I think he needs more game time in the Iraq national team which Radhi doesn't seem to want to give.

Welcome to the forums Wessam! I completely agree that we need Yaser Kasim back in the national team. He was our best player at the 2015 Asian Cup and looked to be the future of our midfield. It's a shame that his relationship with Radhi seems to have gone downhill, and Radhi does not call him up anymore. He was Swindon's star player not long ago and he needs to get back to his best form.

In terms of defensive players, I would like to see Ali Faez given a chance in defensive midfield, he was great in the Iraqi league last season and is now playing in Turkey where he should improve even further. He's still only 22 so he will only get better.

March 1, 2017 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao

golarisman at March 1, 2017 at 4:34 PM

WessamAllami at February 28, 2017 at 6:11 PM

Welcome to the forums Wessam! I completely agree that we need Yaser Kasim back in the national team. He was our best player at the 2015 Asian Cup and looked to be the future of our midfield. It's a shame that his relationship with Radhi seems to have gone downhill, and Radhi does not call him up anymore. He was Swindon's star player not long ago and he needs to get back to his best form.

In terms of defensive players, I would like to see Ali Faez given a chance in defensive midfield, he was great in the Iraqi league last season and is now playing in Turkey where he should improve even further. He's still only 22 so he will only get better.

It is true that Radhi is not calling up players that should be called up and picking players who are not deserving. There is potential with players like Yaser Kasim around but with the current manager unwilling to select them our midfield void will remain a void.

--

Radhi out

March 1, 2017 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iraqifella
Site Owner

I was surprised to learn a player such as Rebin Assad, 22 year old Defensive midfielder playing in the Swedish premier league has not been called up to the National side. I really think we need to be looking at players like him to own the DM position long term. Other players have had their chance and not performed so why not select him?

March 28, 2017 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao

I do not know much about this boy, do you have any more information?

--

Radhi out

March 30, 2017 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.