Forums

Forum Home > Current Discussions > Basim Qasim as Iraq manager

golarisman

Basim Qasim was doing well as our manager but the last two games against Qatar and Syria really showed the team still has big weaknesses. Finishing last in our own tournament was quite embarrassing for us. What do you think about the coach? Best to stay with him until Asian Cup, or would you prefer to have a foreign manager come in?

--

April 8, 2018 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Roukaia
I will think that Basim Qasem have to stay. I think that Basim Qasem is one of the best managers, and he is a real man from Iraq that wants his team to win. The last two games is not a big problem, because it´s dosen´t have to be that we have to win all the time.
April 8, 2018 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

Roukaia at April 8, 2018 at 4:45 PM

I will think that Basim Qasem have to stay. I think that Basim Qasem is one of the best managers, and he is a real man from Iraq that wants his team to win. The last two games is not a big problem, because it´s dosen´t have to be that we have to win all the time.

I agree with you. I think it is important to keep stability in the national team. Because changing the manager every few months means the team is always in a state of transition and the players are never able to get used to one style of play. But I have to be honest, the last two matches disappointed me because the defending was really bad. I hope Basim can improve the defence before the Asian Cup. How far do you think we can go in the Asian Cup?

April 9, 2018 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Roukaia
I think if Basim keeps training the team in a really hard way and if he try to let the team fell that oh now we have to focus and train a lot so we can win the asian cup match. I also think that Ayman Hussein and Ali Faez have to indeed be with in the matches.
April 9, 2018 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iraqifella
Site Owner

I agree. We need  Basim Qasim to stay and develop the team, he brings success to every team he has managed.

My only worry is if we do not do well in the Asian Cup many fans will want him to go. 

I think our only chance of going to a world cup again is to keep Basim for many years.

April 9, 2018 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iraqifella
Site Owner

Also Ayman Hussein plays well in Iraq youth and for Al Naft but he needs to improve when he plays the big games. 

April 9, 2018 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

Roukaia at April 9, 2018 at 4:00 PM

I think if Basim keeps training the team in a really hard way and if he try to let the team fell that oh now we have to focus and train a lot so we can win the asian cup match. I also think that Ayman Hussein and Ali Faez have to indeed be with in the matches.

I agree that Ayman Hussein is a good player. In my opinion Mohanad Ali from Al-Shorta is a better striker than Ayman Hussein and he has already scored 3 goals in just 4 games for Iraq. Personally I think we need to find a new goalkeeper because Jalal Hassan and Mohammed Hameed make too many mistakes, but I don't know who can replace them because keepers like Fahad Talib and Ahmed Basil also made a lot of mistakes this season. I hope Basim will be able to find the solution

April 10, 2018 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

iraqifella at April 9, 2018 at 6:20 PM

I agree. We need  Basim Qasim to stay and develop the team, he brings success to every team he has managed.

My only worry is if we do not do well in the Asian Cup many fans will want him to go. 

I think our only chance of going to a world cup again is to keep Basim for many years.

Yes the FA will sack him if he fails the Asian Cup because they don't have a long-term plan, they always just work short-term. That's why they hire and fire managers like Radhi so quickly so they can appease the fans. We need Younis to become president of the FA but they only allowed him to run for vice-president.

April 10, 2018 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao

I was excited when Basim was appointed, but if we are objective he has been a failure. He has had two tournaments with the team, neither of which were particularly difficult to win, and he has completely failed in both. The most recent one was especially embarassing as we hosted it. Most previous Iraq managers did not get the chance to manage the team through two tournaments, let alone fail in two tournaments and still continue to manage the team after. Basim should not be treated any differently to a foreign manager just because he is liked within the Iraqi league. He has not delivered and has had a second chance and not delivered again, Therefore he should be sacked as he has not met the expectations that he was required to deliver.

--

Basim out

April 10, 2018 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Roukaia

golarisman at April 10, 2018 at 5:02 PM

I agree that Ayman Hussein is a good player. In my opinion Mohanad Ali from Al-Shorta is a better striker than Ayman Hussein and he has already scored 3 goals in just 4 games for Iraq. Personally I think we need to find a new goalkeeper because Jalal Hassan and Mohammed Hameed make too many mistakes, but I don't know who can replace them because keepers like Fahad Talib and Ahmed Basil also made a lot of mistakes this season. I hope Basim will be able to find the solution

Yes so we will hope that they will do well and improve their skills.
April 12, 2018 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman

Roukaia at April 12, 2018 at 1:25 PM

golarisman at April 10, 2018 at 5:02 PM

Yes so we will hope that they will do well and improve their skills.

I agree. Which goalkeeper do you think is best for Iraq?

April 15, 2018 at 11:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.